Saturday, April 3, 2010

Judgement.


So my friends and I were Chat-Rouletting the other day when a thought occurred to me: Why is it we care so much what people think? Here I am talking to a total stranger, someone who I will more than likely never see again, trying to impress them. Who are they that they deserve such effort? Judgement is a very temperamental subject. No one wants to be judged yet we all do the judging. If a person is truly secure in who they are, why should it matter that someone thinks poorly of them? And here's where I get confused; if everybody judges and everyone hates being judged, then is anyone fully happy with themselves? Is it too Utopian to believe that one day I will love myself for who I am and not care what people think? Because lets face it... even those that say they don't care, still get affected by judgement. Perhaps the beginning to not caring what people think is to not think so poorly of them in the first place. When we love others for who they are, then I believe we can love ourselves.

4 comments:

  1. i love how you explained judgment so clearly...and how you were on chat roulette. jaja! i see it asa way to meet people from all over the world. yet, there are..."surprises" to say the least. besos gabriela xx
    http://cafecongabriela.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. By far my favorite of your blog posts =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww <3 thanks guys it means so much to me that you take the time to read my thoughts. I LOVE YOU GUYS! and yes many many "surprises" indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so bloody insightful. You are wise beyond your years.

    ReplyDelete